Some of the below tips are practically experienced , read from the books and heard from my friends. More tips are welcomed in this blog through comments.
- For perfectly hard boiled eggs: Place the egg one by one in a saucepan filled with cold water cover them. Bring them to boil and turn off the stove, leave them for 15 mins on the stove.
- To find cracked eggs: Cracked eggs releases air bubbles when placed in water, so it can be removed and can be used for scrambled eggs. Use them immediately.
- Add a tbsp of Chopped frozen spinach or any chopped greens, to Sambar, kuruma except Rasam just 5mins before turning off the stove.Just like adding corriander for garnish. Greens are good for health, people who even hates them will never notice.
- To get rid of ants in sugar: Just add 3 cloves in the sugar box.
- Never melt chocolates in Microwave unless you want it dry.
- To clean greasy stove tops, just sprinkle some baking soda on the grease and wipe it with dry cloth or tissue.
- Always de-stem the green chillies and store in refrigerator, it'll stay fresh longer.
- Always add rice flour in the end to "Vada" batter so that you can adjust the consistency of the batter.
- The purpose of adding rice flour to any deep frying batter is to make the product crispier. Watch the quantity while adding, the more flour more oil is absorbed in the food.