- Tamarind (ping-pong ball size)
- Chopped tomatoes (1 cup)
- Pepper corns (1/4 tsp)
- Corriander seeds (1/4 tsp)
- Red chillies (2 nos)
- Cumin seeds (2 tsp)
- Garlic ( 3 cloves)
- Methi seeds ( less than 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin and curry leaves
- Corriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste.
- In a saucepan, add a tsp of oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the tamarind water to it, allow it to boil.Meanwhile, grind the chopped tomatoes, garlic, pepper, cumin seeds, methi,red chillies.
- As soon as the tamarind water boils, add the ground mixture , a cup of water, and allow it to boil.Look for the consistency and sourness.If it's more add more water.
- Garnish with corriander and turnoff the stove.
Serves a family of 4.