Thursday, October 6, 2011
1. 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
2. 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
3. 1/4 tsp of Adobo all purpose seasoning
4. a pinch of Salt
5. a pinch of pepper
In a clean dry bowl mix them all together and refrigerate for atleast for an hour before serving.
You can use light mayo and fat free yogurt for this recipe.
Wonderful dip for veggies and chips
A condiment for Chicken tenders and Fish & Chips.
Thanks for watching!
Actually my daughter broke the camera. I made this dressing today for my salad. It was awesome. I couldnot wait to share this. So I thought of sharing it thru the search stories.
I guarantee that you all will like this dressing.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Fat free Milk - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Whip cream (Optional)
- Water - 1 tbsp
- In a saucepan add the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and water. Make it into a fine paste.
- Add milk.
- Place the saucepan on the stove.
- In a medium flame stir the mixture until it's blended.
- Wait until the milk boils.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve them in cups with whip cream on top.
- In a cup, add the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and water. Make it into a fine paste.
- Microwave for 10 secs.
- Take it out. Add half a cup of milk to it mix them well with a spoon. Microwave for 30 secs.
- Take it out and add another half milk. Mix them well. Microwave for 30 secs.
- Take it out. Mix them well.
- Enjoy them with Whip cream on top.
I used fat free milk, because it's very light and tasty!!
Any kind of whip cream can be used here.
I used Reddiwip Whipping cream because it's just 15 calories for 2 tbsps when compared to others and there are no hydrogenated vegetable oils.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
- Crushed oats or ground greengram with a little amount of curd or water can be a good scrub for your skin.
- 2 parts of Besan flour or Chickpea flour and 1 part of 'Kasthuri Manjal' also known as 'Curcuma aromatica' is good for acne. The besan flour actually removes the excess oil and the Manjal' is a good antiseptic for your skin. 1/2 part of cooking turmeric can be used instead of the 'Kasthuri manjal'. But be careful while using turmeric the color may stain your dress.
- Before shampooing your hair just massage your hair with coconut oil. Massage oil to the skull. Leave it for minimum 30 mins. It leaves your hair soft and shiny.
Before going into this recipe. I sincerely thank my friend, "Kaveri" for sharing this awesome recipe. I made few changes for my convenience.
- Soya Chunks or meal maker - 2 cups
- Chopped Onion - 2 cups
- Finely Chopped Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Tomato - 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tbsps
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander Powder - 2 tbsps
- Garam Masala - 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder - 2tsps
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Anise star - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Chopped curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Cooking oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Corriander Leaves - to garnish
- Boil the water in a saucepan or any vessel, drop the soya chunks. Make sure the water covers all the chunks. Give a stir. Turn of the stove, cover it. Let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Now strain the chunks, refrigerate the water.
- Squeeze out the soya chunks a little, save that water too.
- Now to the soya chunks, add
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1/4 tsp of Chilli powder
1/2 tbsp of Corriander powder
1 tbsp of Garam Masala powder
1/4 tsp of salt
5. Mix them well and let it sit for 2 hours to 8 hours. My recommendation would be over night.
6. Turn on the stove. Place a frying pan on the stove, add oil , anise star, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves and cumin seeds.
7. Add the chopped onion and Garlic. Cook for a minute.
8. Add 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic paste. Cook for another minute.
9. Add the tomatoes, salt and rest of the cooking powders. Add the saved soya chunks water.
10. Cover them and let them boil for 5 mins. Add the marinated soya chunks. Cover and boil for another 10 mins.
11. Grind the grated coconut and add them to the boiling mixture. Let them boil uncovered for another 10 mins. Stir them. Check for the consistency. If you want them watery then turn of the stove. Garnish them with Chopped corrainder leaves or let them boil until the required consistency.
Ready to eat with Chappathis, Rotis, Naan, any kind of bread, or rice varieties.