- Cooking Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Basmati Rice - 2 Cups
- Mutton - 1 lb
- Cloves - 4 nos
- Cinnamon Stick – 1large or 2 small
- Cardamom - Black 1 or Green lightly crushed 2
- Bay Leaf – 1 no
- Red Chilli – 1 (Optional)
- Black Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 2 Cups (roughly chopped)
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1/4 cup
- Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Mint – 1 cup
- Corriander Leaves – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 4 nos
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
- Corriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsps.
- Salt - 1tbsp
1.Place the cooker on the stove add oil and the spices.
2.Add the onion.
3.The amount of ginger and garlic for the paste.
4. Add the Ginger and Garlic paste.
5.The amount of Mint, Corriander, and green chillies for the green paste.
6.Add the green paste.
7.Now add Salt, Chilli, Corriander, Turmeric and Curry Powder.
8. Add the tomatoes (yes only so much!)
9.Stir the pot well, until all the ingredients are mixed well.
10.IAdd the mutton.Add 1/2 a cup of water (While boiling, the meat releases water). Reduce the flame to medium.Cover the cooker, cook for two whistle sound or 20 mins. Now wash and soak the rice.
11. Wait till the whistle sound sets down, take off the lid and add the rice. Add 2 1/2 cups of water. Allow it to boil, now it’s time to test the salt. The salt taste should be little above the normal. Place the lid and cook them for about 15 mins.
12. When you open the cooker, it’ll look like a gravy (like the below picture). Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Now gently fold from the corners towards inside. Cover the lid for 5 mins.
13. Serve with Raita . Ready to eat!
Mutton can be replaced with chicken. While cooking with chicken just cover the cooker do not pressure cook, cook for about 20 mins in a medium flame before adding the rice.